Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

On Our Way at last!


Tuesday, January 3rd, 2011

We are finally sitting on the plane winging our way towards Africa after what seemed like interminable line ups at Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam this morning.
I don't know how long it'll be before we next have an internet connection so that this blog can zoom across cyberspace to you all, but I may as well write while I have the chance.
Anton
Don
We spent last night in Amsterdam enjoying the hospitality of old friend and colleague Anthony and his spouse, Dirk, in the same apartment were we used to visit him down the hall from mine back in the 70s when we both used to teach at the American International School.  They drove us to Bussum to meet Don, history teacher and my old room mate from those days, to eat together by the log fire at a lovely ’gesellig’ old Dutch restaurant.

Since leaving Yellowknife on Christmas Eve we seem to have done a great deal!
First a delightful Christmas with all three kids, Darcy and Jo, Peter’s girlfriend, in Calgary.
On Boxing Day we left Calgary and flew to England to stay with my mother and visit my siblings for a week.  It was lovely to see everyone.

We’re going to stay in Nairobi for a few days with Helen and Tim Carson and their two children, Finley and Luli.  Helen describes their home in Karen as a ramshackle place full of dogs, horses and children..  I can’t wait to become reacquainted with a young lady I last saw when she and Peter were 8 years old, and we lived in Nairobi.

No comments:

Post a Comment